Monday, 19 March 2018
Monday, 15 January 2018
Carl Collins - Blockchain in construction.
Jose Fandos – The Best Use Cases of Global Parameters in Projects
Offers to present are very welcome as we are running low
All 60 tickets gone in less than 48 hours - there is a waitlist function activated so if you find you can not attend please log into Eventbrite and release your ticket so someone on the waiting list can attend
Thursday, 9 November 2017
Thursday, 28 September 2017
Friday, 22 September 2017
September meeting 27th September 2017 - invites will be sent out on the 22nd September 2017
Hide & Seek with Revit Elements - Richard W Taylor of Ideate Software
Revit software gives you a dizzying array of sophisticated options to display or hide elements within the Building Information Model that are based on intelligent parameters or properties of the element or view settings. Every element has a category, phase, discipline, or workset that can impact whether that element displays within a selected view. In addition, scope boxes, crop regions, and view ranges may also impact the display of Revit model or annotation elements. And, view templates and many view settings can also drive element visibility. In fact, there are at least 50 different ways to hide an element in Revit.
Learn about Ideate Software’s powerful arsenal of forensic tools that will help you understand why an element doesn’t display as expected, and how to fix the issue.
About the Presenter:
Richard W. Taylor, Assoc. AIA, Technical Evangelist at Ideate Software has over 25 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 15 years of Revit experience, and was part of the original development team for Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked 12 years at Autodesk where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit.
After completing this presentation, attendees will be able to…
- Learn how to fix a visibility issue when a Revit object is outside of the View Range setting.
- Learn how to fix a visibility issue when a Revit object is outside of an annotation or model crop view setting.
- Gain an understanding of how element and view Phase settings can impact element visibility.
- Learn how discipline settings on the element and within the view can impact element visibility.
LRUG would like to thank excitech for sponsoring the Beer and Pizza during the networking time between presentations
Friday, 11 August 2017
- Have you ever wondered what model assurance means, what benefits it brings and what does the process and output look like? Well the Turner & Townsend BIM team will share their experiences and lessons learned with you to answer that question
- Whiley + Blake uses the latest real-time rendering and interactive technologies to enhance traditional visualisation processes and output. Prior to a live demo of some bespoke applications using the HTC Vive, our presentation for the London Revit User Group will introduce the immersive media spectrum and outline our goto workflow when optimising Revit models for game engine consumption.
Friday, 7 July 2017
Monday, 15 May 2017
If you are registered and on the mailing list and have not received the email then check your spam filter and junk email. If it's not in either of those folders and has not arrived send firstname.lastname@example.org an email and he will check to see if:-
a) You are still on the spreadsheet
b) If Eventbrite actually processed it
c) If it was processed what the status was did it bounce or was it undeliverable etc.
So here is what we have for you at the May meeting:-
Rhys Lewis - BIM Coordination Simplified with Revizto
Tuesday, 14 March 2017
Monday, 16 January 2017
Due to personal commitments I'm taking a step back from the organising of LRUG meetings, I will however still be managing this web site, the membership list and invites to the meetings.
Please contact Michael Bartyzel with offers to present. Mike has arranged the following speakers for Wednesday 18th January, and it's back to the smaller meeting venue at No 17.
1. Computational Engineering and BIM – Arnaud Declercq (about 40 minutes)
2. Modelling Integrity in Revit - Mojca Rozenicnik Korosec (20 minutes)
3. Alain Waha – Going beyond Revit (20 minutes)
Sunday, 18 September 2016
Quick, five minute overview of the work CIBSE are doing in and around BIM and Digital Engineering
Peter Williams - Lumion UK and IE Sales Manager - Bringing your Revit models to life with Lumion
An introduction to Lumion
Who Uses Lumion and Why
Live Demonstration of Revit Lumion Workflow
- Buro Happold / Andekan LLC
How to set up the project session
When the emails with the invites were sent out by Eventbrite the following people emails bounced and they have been removed from the invite list. Remember to let me know if you move company or change your email address
There were a few more bounces but those people have contacted me when they didn't receive the invite and provided new email addresses and the list has been updated.
There are currently 331 people on the invite list.
There also appears to be a glitch in the Eventbrite system as I have three members who are on the list but for some reason Eventbrite does not process them and they don't appear on the Eventbrite transmission log?