Thursday, 9 November 2017
Thursday, 28 September 2017
Friday, 22 September 2017
September meeting 27th September 2017 - invites will be sent out on the 22nd September 2017
Hide & Seek with Revit Elements - Richard W Taylor of Ideate Software
Revit software gives you a dizzying array of sophisticated options to display or hide elements within the Building Information Model that are based on intelligent parameters or properties of the element or view settings. Every element has a category, phase, discipline, or workset that can impact whether that element displays within a selected view. In addition, scope boxes, crop regions, and view ranges may also impact the display of Revit model or annotation elements. And, view templates and many view settings can also drive element visibility. In fact, there are at least 50 different ways to hide an element in Revit.
Learn about Ideate Software’s powerful arsenal of forensic tools that will help you understand why an element doesn’t display as expected, and how to fix the issue.
About the Presenter:
Richard W. Taylor, Assoc. AIA, Technical Evangelist at Ideate Software has over 25 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 15 years of Revit experience, and was part of the original development team for Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked 12 years at Autodesk where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit.
After completing this presentation, attendees will be able to…
- Learn how to fix a visibility issue when a Revit object is outside of the View Range setting.
- Learn how to fix a visibility issue when a Revit object is outside of an annotation or model crop view setting.
- Gain an understanding of how element and view Phase settings can impact element visibility.
- Learn how discipline settings on the element and within the view can impact element visibility.
LRUG would like to thank excitech for sponsoring the Beer and Pizza during the networking time between presentations
Friday, 11 August 2017
- Have you ever wondered what model assurance means, what benefits it brings and what does the process and output look like? Well the Turner & Townsend BIM team will share their experiences and lessons learned with you to answer that question
- Whiley + Blake uses the latest real-time rendering and interactive technologies to enhance traditional visualisation processes and output. Prior to a live demo of some bespoke applications using the HTC Vive, our presentation for the London Revit User Group will introduce the immersive media spectrum and outline our goto workflow when optimising Revit models for game engine consumption.
Friday, 7 July 2017
Monday, 15 May 2017
If you are registered and on the mailing list and have not received the email then check your spam filter and junk email. If it's not in either of those folders and has not arrived send email@example.com an email and he will check to see if:-
a) You are still on the spreadsheet
b) If Eventbrite actually processed it
c) If it was processed what the status was did it bounce or was it undeliverable etc.
So here is what we have for you at the May meeting:-
Rhys Lewis - BIM Coordination Simplified with Revizto
Tuesday, 14 March 2017
Monday, 16 January 2017
Due to personal commitments I'm taking a step back from the organising of LRUG meetings, I will however still be managing this web site, the membership list and invites to the meetings.
Please contact Michael Bartyzel with offers to present. Mike has arranged the following speakers for Wednesday 18th January, and it's back to the smaller meeting venue at No 17.
1. Computational Engineering and BIM – Arnaud Declercq (about 40 minutes)
2. Modelling Integrity in Revit - Mojca Rozenicnik Korosec (20 minutes)
3. Alain Waha – Going beyond Revit (20 minutes)
Sunday, 18 September 2016
Quick, five minute overview of the work CIBSE are doing in and around BIM and Digital Engineering
Peter Williams - Lumion UK and IE Sales Manager - Bringing your Revit models to life with Lumion
An introduction to Lumion
Who Uses Lumion and Why
Live Demonstration of Revit Lumion Workflow
- Buro Happold / Andekan LLC
How to set up the project session
When the emails with the invites were sent out by Eventbrite the following people emails bounced and they have been removed from the invite list. Remember to let me know if you move company or change your email address
There were a few more bounces but those people have contacted me when they didn't receive the invite and provided new email addresses and the list has been updated.
There are currently 331 people on the invite list.
There also appears to be a glitch in the Eventbrite system as I have three members who are on the list but for some reason Eventbrite does not process them and they don't appear on the Eventbrite transmission log?
Friday, 15 July 2016
Oporo - BIM Enabled Facilities Management - Daniel Mofakam
BIM Hawk - Free Database and app from CIBSE - Carl Collins
Invites have been sent to the 263 registered members on the invite list at 9:15 on Friday 15th July 2016. As always one ticket per registered member on a first come first served basis.
I didn't receive my Invite to the LRUG meeting?
- First are you actually on the invite list?
- Check your spam filter and Junk mail, some firewalls will hold back emails.
- Have you moved company and changed email address?. Don't forget my balls are made of flesh and not crystal!, if you don't tell me then I don't know. So if you move company send me your new email address, and I will update the list so you get an invite to the next meeting.
- If you are on the list, I will check the eventbrite transmission log and if it's there then, it's lost in Cyberspace somewhere and if there is still room I will send you a manual ticket.
- Change your email where the protection is not so great like a Hotmail email account.
If you get a ticket and then need cancel the Eventbrite ticket to attend the LRUG Meeting?
What you need to do is log into Eventbrite / my tickets / current orders / view order / cancel order, then the next person on the waiting list if we are over the venue capacity will get the ticket.
Friday, 6 May 2016
Session 1 - Using Revit Case Study - Tim Lane of Brooks Architects
Session 2 - Families Session 2 - Jose Fandos
Please note that this meeting will be taking place in the old venue no 71 and not 17 which is down a little and on the opposite side of the street.